where we were...

Hmmmm, I have a couple of bits on my mind. They are unrelated to each other - or are they???

Jason and I were talking the other day about where we were at this time last year. We both remember being very angry and disappointed in people...family, friends, neighbours, and co-workers alike. Aside from the support of a select few, we felt isolated and betrayed.

As with life, we learned a few lessons:

1. It's quality not quantity.
2. Sometimes compassion is where you least expect it, and weren't even looking for it.
3. Time spent together should not be a gauge for the amount of love and concern expressed in times of crisis.

We were also excited that ladyfingers and dude were coming to Winnipeg for our very first FryerRamm Christmas at OUR house. We eventually overcame the sadness that it would not be a FryerRammCharette Christmas at OUR house, and vowed to make the best damn potato bread ever for those who would be here to enjoy it. But yet again, circumstances beyond our control took over, and Ladyfingers ended up in the Kitchener hospital over Christmas.

This time last year, we also experienced a loss. My grampa, William Hamilton, passed away.

We had excitement for the coming new year. Armed with new information and medical guidance, we were ready to grow our family (I refuse to say "start" a family, because I don't believe that a minimum of 3 persons should be the definition)!

So that is what Jason and I cumulatively remember. Personally, this is what I remember:

1. I had to keep one hand on the shower wall when I closed my eyes in the shower.
Now, I rarely feel the need to use the wall to orient myself!

2. I had to guide my right leg into my pants.
I can keep both hands on the waistband and my legs can get in just fine on their own!

3. I had to ask others to do my Christmas shopping for me because I could not handle the stores.
I have enough good moments that I can go to stores at certain times!

4. I had to eat or drink perfectly upright.
Last night I ate a brownie while reclined on the couch!

5. I frequently felt as if someone was standing on my chest, and had to take in a lot of deep breaths
No body is standing on my chest now, especially when I am reclined eating brownies!

Continuing to have end-of-year wrap-ups,

Emily

The post that may or may not relate to this one will likely be the next one.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
December 16, 2007 at 12:09 p.m.

Five more things to be thankful for. Perhaps 2007 wasn't quite so bad after all.


Mom

Little bits about my life with MS

Back to Home Back to Top Recipes For Lemonade. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.